since I last posted on this space, a lot has happened...

i'm expecting! yes, baby no.3 is soon on the way....9 more weeks to be exact.
shi is now in pre-K and growing up too fast if you ask me...and i'm currently addicted to cronuts (that's for a later posting all on its own!)

right now though most of my time has been dominated by N E S T I N G.  for those of you that don't know what nesting is : it's that mode a pregnant woman is in to get the "nest" or home ready for the baby.  by nature i'm ocd when it comes to organization and having a place for everything...but this time around it's seriously ridiculous. 

i'v been re-modeling the entire apartment ( especially trying to find space in our tiny space of an apartment) but i'm really disturbed and annoyed by how much my family and i have accumulated in the last 5 years that we've been living here! from keeping old mail to a drawer full of electric chords and chargers (je, my husband, is the techy-hoarder).  but honestly, i guess there's a bit of a hoarder in all of us... we can't get rid of garbage so we hide it to mask it's presence but when it accumulates it becomes a problem---till we suffocate.

sometimes in my relationship with God, i keep garbage around that's preventing me from breathing in the blessings that God wants me to have and show me.  that's all on me, no one else to blame.  it's the little things that accumulate that sometimes i can't let go of ( maybe my worry-wart heart, my complaining, and sometimes my criticism and even my nesting mode). while nesting i realized why i felt like the apartment was so hard to live in (yes, it's small) but it's the junk i was taking in and/or keeping.  just like that too, lately it's been hard for me to get into my devotional times with God...why?...because there's no room for him in my heart/mind...all my garbage is taking up the space meant for Him.  but God's mercy on me is too great for me to even fathom and i have to be the one to initiate the purging of all this junk. 

{revelation three: twenty // msg}  “Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you. Conquerors will sit alongside me at the head table, just as I, having conquered, took the place of honor at the side of my Father. That’s my gift to the conquerors!     

i don't want to miss out when God is calling me or when he's trying to let himself into my heart. 

be blessed.






One Comment

  1. Oh my goodness, aren't those little ones cute! And congratulations on your growing family! Glad that you're back and writing again

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.